BREAKING NEWS

My Girlfriend broke up with me because I choose to be a musician' - Artist Tobbez Tha Rapman


'My Girlfriend broke up with me because I choose to be a musician' -  Artist Tobbez Tha Rapman


Apara  Emmanuel Oluwatobi, a.k.a Tobbez Tha Rapman, 22 year-old, is an upcoming artist from Ekiti state and A National Diploma graduate of the federal polytechnic Ado Ekiti.

 
Tobbez Tha Rapman has been doing music for a while now. This young man has been performing quite well mostly in south western State were he is popularly known. In his interview with VAM correspondent, Adetunji Ololade.


What is your name? 

"My full name is Apara Emmanuel Oluwatobi".

How do you began your career as an Artist?

"I started in 2008 when I had to lead a song in church that was when I fell in love with music. I found music very easy, it's already part of Me so since then I had to develop myself through that I discovered my pattern and that was how I discovered my talent as a rapper in 2010 and since then I have no regret giving music a chance in my life".


What was your parent reaction when they noticed you are taking music more serious?

"My parents got mad at me because they wanted me to become an engineer, they thought I have disobeyed their plans for me but I had to prove to them wrong. It was just last year I was able to convince them".


Which state and local government do you hail from?

"I'm an Indigene of Ekiti state in Efon Alaaye local government"


What department and level are you now?  

Has any of your friends been of help to you and how has the polytechnic community affected your career as as a musician?


"I am a National Diploma graduate in the department of Minerals and petroleum resources engineering, Federal polytechnic Ado Ekiti. 

I just concluded my I.T program hoping to start my HND program soonest". 

"To be sincere the school isn't supportive in terms of helping or building students talent, that was the reason I stopped going for shows organised in the School as it's not encouraging. 

Even the Student union(sug) 'TGIF' party are not well organized". 

"But since the existence of federal poly ado TV, Inside Fedpolad Media and Horlarmedia, You and your team have boost my morale, in fact your encouragements helped me alot. I actually wrote my first verse in one of my songs from one of the motivational words posted on Fedpolad TV".


Have you been  offered admission or yet to start your HND programme?


"I didn't apply this year due to some personal reason but I'm coming next year. God sparing our lives". He said. 


Did you have any regrets so far?

"No I don't, But the only thing I could see as regret for choosing music was when my girlfriend broke up with me because I chose to be a musician. I tried to convinced her but she was ready to leave. I hated myself for choosing music then but it's a dream I can't depart from so I use that as my biggest motivation to be successful.  I don't see that as regret".


What are the major challenges you are facing in the music industry?

"No sponsors, people ain't really supportive in terms of giving good vibes about you. They prefer listening to stars like Olamide and wizkid songs instead of supporting upcoming like me that they have access to everyday. Even to help you repost a link on social media is a problem for them.
 
Another challenge I face is financial challenges as I need money to produce my music and market it.


Religion discrimination is also part of the challenges, Ekiti state doesn't fully have interest in music, they prefer football to music and its really affecting upcoming artist like me." 


How many shows or event have you participated to showcase your talent since you began singing? Can you list them

Tobbez chuckles and said; they are numerous oooo but  I will list the memorable ones; Ejigbo(Lagos) carnivals, Ikotun/igando(Lagos) talents hunt. I performed in Badagry at a youth empowerment programme, birthdays and house warnings. I also performed in ile-ife as well as  the federation of Efon Alaaye students national program. 


How do you want your career to be?

 "I want to be the best in the world, and pray God help me." he smiled.


How many songs have you sang and which of your song inspired you most? 

"I have 10 tracks  but I have discarded 8 due to some changes I made in my life. 

The track titled "TESTIMONY"  Really inspired me not to give up that success is near. Thanks to Olaide-laredo for supporting the project(the song)".


What help do you need from the members of the public, if possible?


"What I need is their Financial supports and they should never stop believing in me (good vibes) to broadcast the name Tobbez Tha Rapman. He said.

No comments

After Dropping your comment, Wait for few minutes, your comments will appear below!!!