BREAKING NEWS

Stay Off from Edo APC gubernatorial race – Obaseki warns Oshiomhole

... 4 years not enough

By Tunde Olorungbotemi











The Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, has warned the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, not to interfere with the governorship primary in Edo State.


Obaseki stated this after submitting his Expression of Interest and Nomination form at the party’s National Secretariat in Abuja on Wednesday.











“I’m calling on Oshiomhole to recuse himself from the Edo governorship process because he is an interested party,” he said.



“It is against natural justice for a man to be a judge in his own case.”









4 years not enough for me
Obaseki also spoke on why he is desirous of ruling the state for a second term, saying four years is not enough for him to crystallize his reforms.


He said; “Three years is not enough, four years is not enough to crystalize all these reforms. So, another four years will give me that opportunity to consolidate on what we have done and that is the promise of APC. We are a reformist party, we are a progressive party. That is why I am here today to indicate my interest and my desire to run for another term as governor of Edo so that I can continue in the service of my people”.









I will win whether direct or indirect primary
On the mode of primary, the governor said he would pick the party’s ticket irrespective of the method adopted in electing its candidate, but added that the party’s constitution must be obeyed with respect to the voting method.


“The basis of any democracy are rules; that is why the most important document in our party is our constitution. Our constitution is very detailed and it spells out clearly how we should undertake our affairs as a party.









“The Constitution stipulates what mode of primaries are allowed in our party and how decisions to the type of primaries you want to run should be arrived that. It is clearly stated in our constitution and so for me, I believe that ours is a lawful party and we will do things according to the Constitution of our party. So, direct or indirect, I am certain I will win the primaries but we have to respect our constitution and follow our constitution”, he stated.


The Edo APC primaries will take place on June 22.








No comments

After Dropping your comment, Wait for few minutes, your comments will appear below!!!