BREAKING NEWS

I Remember- Joshua Nicholas

I remember when a plate of pepper soup/ catfish goes for N200 at base 4 but now it is N400.

I remember when i newly came to Awka (eastern Nigeria) before the 2015 general elections, a cup of rice was sold for N50, but now a cup of rice goes for N100.
I remember then I use to be on MTN Family/friends tarrif plan and 17kobo goes for 1sec. But now the tide has changed as MTN beta talk now goes for 40kobo/sec.
I remember when I newly started college, my weekly allowance was 2k, I use, spend, give, dash and use, still yet i always have left over at the end of the week. But now 7k cannot see me through mid-week, I use, spend and borrow.

I remember my favourite mini-bread goes for N50 but now the same bread @Yale goes for N120 with reduced quality.
I can decide to keep on remembering and remembering.
Please where are we going to in this country. 

The meaning of moving forward does it also affect the standard of living and the prices of things. As prices of goods and standard of living is also moving upwards.
I grew up to meet a country where N50 turns you to a big boy at school. But now, the value of N1000 is likened to that of N100. Sometimes I just feel like we should go back to the past and live there. But how possible can it be? 

As it comes to this juncture in our National life that the past looks more glorious than the future and even the present.
I grew up to meet a country where I learnt in school that some of our past Heroes are General Olusegun Obasanjo military head of state 1976-1979, General Mohammadu Buhari military head of state 1983-1985. But now it seems our past heroes are turning the present leaders as my GCFR is President Mohammadu Buhari who was head of state 36 years ago. 

The present administration and their war against corruption only made things worst for the average Nigerian citizen as they keep on recovering billions of Naira that doesn't affect my common life.

We need to change the change as Nigeria got newly elected as the nation with the highest number of extremely poor people. I am not into partisan politics and I don't belong to any political party.  We don't even have a politicial ideology not to talk of our celebrated politicians crossing carpet (changing political parties) the way they change bedsheet.

God please we need a divine interference in this nation. We want to see the God that rules in the affairs of men. Or is it the signs of the end time or just the mere symptoms of our unpolished representatives. Who will save us? Where is the 'Moses' to take us to the promised land?

Our country is in great debris with unnoticed genocide/manslaughter occurring/ reoccurring everyday. Lord please come and pilot the affairs of this nation. I wanted to stop writing this piece, but my pen won't just stop. As genuine tears is gushing through the eyes of my pen.
For the ones driving this nation either we are in the wrong lane, or our papers and license have expired, or we don't have seat belt, or we are using the wrong car or simply the wrong person is in the driver's seat. We truly need a change!!!
Nigeria will get better.

#thestateofmynation
#thoughtsofaconcernedcitizen

© Joshua Nicholas

No comments

After Dropping your comment, Wait for few minutes, your comments will appear below!!!