BREAKING NEWS

I missed the opportunity of attending Aquinas College Akure– Oyo State Governor Elect

The Oyo State Governor Elect, Engr. Seyi Makinde made a reminiscence of how missed the opportunity of attending the famous St. Thomas Aquinas college, Akure, Ondo state for his secondary education.
Makinde
The Governor elect stated this at his Ikolaba residence in Ibadan while playing host to the delegation of the Deji of Akure who came to pay him a congratulatory visit on behalf of the Monarch in a reports obtained by VAM News.

Engineer Seyi Makinde said, “I missed the opportunity of being a student of Aquinas College because of the abolishment of the boarding house in that year”. My father wanted me to come to Akure and it was indeed a thing of joy for me, but my father would not want me be a day student.

You can imagine the level of my love and relationship with Akure. I was there as a child and in fact, I spent the latter part of my holiday in Akure few weeks ago.

The delegation was led by the Olujigba of Ijigba and a former Managing Director of National Bank, Ambassador (Rev.) Luyi Rotimi. He delivered a congratulatory letter personally signed by the first class Monarch.

I am here to congratulate you on behalf of the Deji and the good people of Akure Kingdom. We are proud to associate with you and wish you well as the Governor of Oyo state in few days from now.

Engr. Makinde thanked the Deji and the delegation for associating with him. He promised to be part of the development of Akure Kingdom and the state at large. I can assure you that I will not be far from you. My mother is from Akure, I love her and I love her people and I will continue to be part of you. He added.

The Delegation also included the Executives of the Akure National Union, Ibadan.
However, the Chief Press Secretary to the Deji of Akure had confirmed the receipt of a special invitation by the Deji from the Governor Elect for the Monarch to attend the swearing-in ceremony scheduled for next week Wednesday. He affirmed that the Deji will personally attend the event.

No comments

After Dropping your comment, Wait for few minutes, your comments will appear below!!!