BREAKING NEWS

Odion Ighalo: My parents couldn’t afford to buy PayTv in Nigeria

Odion Ighalo: My parents couldn’t afford to buy PayTv in Nigeria

Manchester United striker, Odion Ighalo , has revealed how he used his lunch money to watch his boyhood club at viewing centers because his parents couldn’ t afford to pay for sports channels.


The former Watford player was signed by Olé Gunnar Solskjaer from Shanghai Shenhua following a hip injury to Marcus Rashford.


Ighalo, who described his move to Old Trafford as a dream come true for him , said in a recent interview with Sky Sports that he is enjoying every moment at the Theatre of Dreams.


The 30 -year - old also mentioned things he did to watch his idols played at Old Trafford and what playing for the club meant to him.


“ I know many footballers say that , when they sign for a team , this is my dream team . Respect to that but my own case was different , ” he told Sky Sports.



“ Anyone who knows me back from when I was young knows I and my siblings supported Man Utd , we would pay to go and watch Man Utd play.


“ In Nigeria , you have to have sports channels to watch that but not everyone can afford it.


 My parents couldn’ t afford that so you have to pay a viewing centre to watch that.


We would pay to watch that .
“ I grew up in Ajegunle , which is like a ghetto and it was very difficult there.


 When it would get to the weekend , everybody was excited because they wanted to watch Man Utd play.


“You start saving the money they would give you to go to school. You would eat at home and they would give you some pocket money to go to school and maybe eat lunch there.


But you would be saving it bit by bit and when you get to the weekend, everybody is ready.

No comments

After Dropping your comment, Wait for few minutes, your comments will appear below!!!