BREAKING NEWS

EKSU Awards Best Graduating Student With #100 Cash Gift- Nigerians React

The Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ado Ekiti, shocked Nigerians with a brutal awards given to a students with academic excellence of a ridiculous amount of money for her brilliancy.
EKSU main entrance gate
Recall the best graduating student of department of civil engineering from Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ado Ekiti, is awarded a cash gift of N100 only. For emphasis and clarification, the cash gift amount was also spelt out in words, one hundred naira only.
The absurd amount was awarded to Bamisaye Tosin Tope and the letter informing the awardee of the ‘precious’ cash prize is from the office of the registrar of EKSU.
Nigerians react gathered by VAM News:
Icon Olawale Kadri
"...on the N100 best graduating student award prize of the Eksu student. I only got to connect with him late yesterday night as I don't know him before and neither have I met him. We spoke yesterday and he was surprised we were trying to give him something in appreciation of his hard work and he appreciated us all for our concern.
However, he called me again this morning requesting that I please return the money to the owners as some authority somewhere thought he intentionally released the picture to make money. Perhaps he is been threatened.
I do not regret my efforts at all and I do not want you to regret yours. I don't worry myself about things I could change, I just go ahead and change them immediately rather than complain and do nothing about it, and that motivated me to mobilize my good social contacts to compensate him for his hard work when I saw the picture on a blog.
I therefore advise everyone that donated to send me their account numbers so I can refund the money appropriately.
Thank you for your support always.
This is Nigeria."

EKSU management react gathered by VAM News: 
"RE: EKITI VARSITY BEST GRADUATING STUDENT AWARDED 100 NAIRA CASH PRIZE
The attention of the authorities of Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti has been drawn to the controversy generated by the value of an award instituted in the University a long time ago, that has gone viral.
For the attention of the general public, the said award, won by Bamisaye Tosin Tope was instituted by the Ado Ekiti Patriotic Front for the best graduating student in Civil Engineering with a cash value of 100 Naira in the University over 30 years ago.
At the time the award was made, it was a good money compared to the present economic reality.
It is in the realization of this development that the Senate of the University has reviewed the value of prizes in this category to a minimum of #50,000.00 for corporate bodies and #100,000.00 for University prizes.
This decision has since been communicated to those concerned and is expected to be implemented at the next Convocation ceremony of the University.
Thank you.
Bode Olofinmuagun,
Head, Directorate of Information & Corporate Affairs,
Ekiti State University,
Ado Ekiti."

No comments

After Dropping your comment, Wait for few minutes, your comments will appear below!!!