BREAKING NEWS

My vigilance saved me from Kakawa lagos building collapse, resident says

One of the occupants of the building which collapsed on Kakawa street in Lagos Island area of Lagos State on Monday said his vigilance saved him from being trapped in the rubble.
      Building collapsed 
The occupant identified as Muritala Ageshin said he had been hearing sounds of cracks from the building 30 minutes before the collapse. He added that the building collapsed the very minute he stepped out of it.


“Due to what happened the other time at Ita-faji, I have to be vigilant because my family needs me, I love my people so much and I have to be there for them.

“I started hearing sounds of crack, immediately I heard the sound I had to rescue myself out. It is because I am vigilant that was why I was able to leave the building before it collapsed.”

He added;

“The only house you can live comfortably without fear are buildings constructed by contractors, but all these patched houses are risk to people’s lives.

“If house owners are building, they should always use good and quality material so as not to waste lives and property.”

No one was trapped in the collapsed building, but it affected a bungalow with three occupants.

No comments

After Dropping your comment, Wait for few minutes, your comments will appear below!!!